At Platinum, we believe that responsible ethical and professional business practice should be central to all our operations and day to day business activities.
At Platinum we recognise that the environmental choices we offer our customers should cover more than just the paper your products are produced from. With our PEC* initiative and ISO 14001 accreditation you can be confident you have chosen a company whose environmental commitment is far reaching.
*Platinum’s Environmental Commitment programme
Our PEC initiative covers a wide spectrum of areas within our business that goes beyond just paper.
- ISO 14001 accreditation
- Company wide carbon and energy reduction programme
- Remote digital proofing technology
- Chemistry free plate making
- All stock papers FSC® certified and carbon balanced
- Choice of vegetable oil based and low energy curing inks
- No isopropanol/alcohol is used on any of our printing presses
- Ink reduction technology
- Bio – degradable polythene mailing material
- Eco friendly choices for promotional goods
- Modern, efficient machinery
- One of the UK’s first printers to introduce an electric delivery vehicle
- Fleet vehicles chosen for their efficiency not status
- A clear Environmental Policy Statement
- FOC Brown Box and paper recycling scheme
At Platinum, we take our commitment to the environment seriously as demonstrated by our ISO14001 accreditation and commitment to responsible business activities.
Platinum offers our customers the opportunity to capture the CO2 emissions from their paper purchases by planting native woodland, right here in the UK, through the Woodland Trust and the Woodland Carbon scheme.
Capturing and storing carbon from the atmosphere is vital in the fight against climate change and with this in mind, we work closely with our suppliers who work alongside the Woodland Trust’s Woodland Carbon scheme to mitigate the CO2 emissions generated by the production, storage and distribution of paper.
By buying responsibly Platinum’s customers are able to curb their carbon emissions with the planting of trees, thanks to the carbon capture scheme which can now be offset against the majority of stocks and materials.
Currently the scheme has captured almost 57,000 tonnes of carbon. That’s as heavy as 11,000 elephants or 11.3 billion sheets of A4 paper.
Our commitment to responsible business activities
We are proud to have achieved the nationally recognised environmental accreditation ISO 14001, confirming our on-going commitment to reducing our environmental impact.
This includes the management of waste, use of natural resources and energy consumption as well as complying with all environmental regulations, legislation and approved codes of practice relating to print manufacture and any area that the company’s overall business activities encompass.
- It is Platinum’s objective to operate with and to maintain good relations with all regulatory bodies
- It is Platinum’s declared policy to carry out all measures reasonably practicable to facilitate the ability to continually improve environmental performance
- This policy is communicated to all employees, suppliers and sub-contractors and is made available to the public
- All personnel understand their obligations under this policy statement
Platinum constantly monitor and review environmental performance and this Environmental Policy Statement in order to ensure its continuing suitability and will implement improvements whenever appropriate.
You’ve finished with your Platinum Boxes, what can you do with them?
- We have been running a free of charge brown box recycling scheme since 2010
- We will come and collect your used Platinum boxes for recycling next time we visit or when we are passing
- Just drop us an email or give us a call 01423 881158 so we can make arrangements
Recycling your waste paper
We will also recycle your waste paper too just pop it in the Platinum brown boxes and ask our driver to take it away next time we deliver.