At Platinum, we believe that responsible ethical and professional business practice should be central to all our operations and day to day business activities.
At Platinum we recognise that the environmental choices we offer our customers should cover more than just the paper your products are produced from. As one of the country’s first carbon balanced printers, with our ISO 14001 accreditation and PEC* initiative, you can be confident you have chosen a company whose environmental commitment is far reaching.
*Platinum’s Environmental Commitment programme
Our PEC initiative covers a wide spectrum of areas within our business that goes beyond just paper.
- ISO 14001 accreditation
- Company wide carbon and energy reduction programme
- Remote digital proofing technology
- Chemistry free plate making
- All stock papers FSC® certified
- Choice of vegetable oil based and low energy curing inks
- No isopropanol/alcohol is used on any of our printing presses
- Ink reduction technology
- Certified Carbon Balanced Printer
- Eco-friendly choices for promotional goods
- Modern, efficient machinery
- One of the UK’s first printers to introduce an electric delivery vehicle
- Fleet vehicles chosen for their efficiency not status
- A clear Environmental Policy Statement
- FOC Brown Box and paper recycling scheme
At Platinum, we take our commitment to the environment seriously as demonstrated by our ISO14001 accreditation and commitment to responsible business activities.
What is Carbon Balanced Print?
Carbon Balanced Print is the highest statement of integrity for users and producers of printed products.
CARBON BALANCED PAPER + CARBON BALANCED PRINTER = CARBON BALANCED PRINT
How will the scheme benefit you?
Helping you take positive action to combat global warming.
Reducing your carbon impact and enhancing your brand.
Receiving a certificate showing the amount of CO2 you have balanced and the area of land protected.
Giving you access to a unique World Land Trust Carbon Balanced Paper logo that can be printed on your products to show your commitment.
Making a difference
200,000 TONNES of CO2 have been Carbon Balanced
3,000 BUSINESSES have taken positive action by using Carbon Balanced Paper and Print
19,000 ACRES of threatened forest have been protected
Our commitment to responsible business activities
We are proud to have achieved the nationally recognised environmental accreditation ISO 14001, confirming our on-going commitment to reducing our environmental impact.
This includes the management of waste, use of natural resources and energy consumption as well as complying with all environmental regulations, legislation and approved codes of practice relating to print manufacture and any area that the company’s overall business activities encompass.
- It is Platinum’s objective to operate with and to maintain good relations with all regulatory bodies
- It is Platinum’s declared policy to carry out all measures reasonably practicable to facilitate the ability to continually improve environmental performance
- This policy is communicated to all employees, suppliers and sub-contractors and is made available to the public
- All personnel understand their obligations under this policy statement
Platinum constantly monitor and review environmental performance and this Environmental Policy Statement in order to ensure its continuing suitability and will implement improvements whenever appropriate.
You’ve finished with your Platinum Boxes, what can you do with them?
- We have been running a free of charge brown box recycling scheme since 2010
- We will come and collect your used Platinum boxes for recycling next time we visit or when we are passing
- Just drop us an email or give us a call 01423 881158 so we can make arrangements
Recycling your waste paper
We will also recycle your waste paper too just pop it in the Platinum brown boxes and ask our driver to take it away next time we deliver.